More Than Just Food
Meal Plan options allow you to take advantage of the wide variety of healthy food choices at every meal, with unique menus, recipes and ingredients that meet the tastes and needs of our diverse campus community. Carolina Dining Services (CDS) works with a Student Dining Board, comprised of ten students and five administrators who review the menus to make sure they are both appetizing and balanced to meet your needs. Dining locations are located conveniently around campus so you always have a place to meet with your friends and enjoy the variety we have to offer. Let us worry about the cooking and cleaning since you have more important things to do! A Meal Plan helps you budget your money for meals and gives you savings each day, along with the peace of mind that you're eating well.
Meal Swipes for Dining Halls
You choose how many all-you-care-to-eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night meals you want to eat in our dining halls per week or per semester, and include them in your plan. There are many affordable Meal Plan options. Just pick the one that works best for you and you won't have to worry about carrying cash or keeping your mini fridge stocked all semester.
All Access Plan
2+ meals every day
- The All Access Meal Plan lets you use as many meal swipes a week as you want at our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, Top of Lenoir and Rams Head Dining Hall.
- Swipe once every 15 minute interval - no matter when the mood strikes, swipe in without any worries!
- Remove any stress about dining, this Meal Plan guarantees meals throughout the semester.
- Best value: Approximately $5.34 per meal swipe! With over 24 meals being served weekly and continuous dining available daily, this plan provides the most flexibility and best value!
- Automatically enrolled in a VIP sweepstakes, a winner selected each week!
Unlimited meal swipes each week
$2,050.00 / semester (includes tax)
*The All Access Plan is non-transferable and may only be used by the Meal Plan Participant.
A set number of meals per semester
- The Block Plan provides you with a set number of meal swipes per semester that can be used at our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, Rams Head or Top of Lenoir Dining Hall. You decide how many meal swipes to use each day or each week.
- Bring a Friend: With a Block Plan, you can treat friends or family to meals!
200 meal swipes per semester
$1,818.00 / semester (includes tax)
160 meal swipes per semester
$1,600.00 / semester (includes tax)
120 meal swipes per semester
$1,272.00 / semester (includes tax)
Block 100 + $200 Dining Flex
100 meal swipes plus $200 Dining Flex per semester
$1,269.00 / semester (includes tax)
*Unused meals do not carry over to the next semester.
A set number of meals per week
- The Value Plan provides you with a set number of meal swipes per week at our all-you-care-to-eat dining halls, Rams Head Dining Hall or Top of Lenoir Dining Hall.
- With up to 24 meals served each week, you can pick the Value Plan that best fits your lifestyle!
14 meal swipes each week
$1,891.00 / semester (includes tax)
10 meal swipes each week
$1,535.00 / semester (includes tax)
8 meal swipes each week
$1,276.00 / semester (includes tax)
*Unused meals do not carry over to the next week. Meals will reset on Thursday.
*Value plans are non-transferable and may only be used by the Meal Plan Participant.
Dining Flex for Everything Else
You choose how many additional dollars, if any, you want to have for the semester. Dining Flex supplements your meal swipes and can be used at all CDS locations and for online delivery through Tar Heel Takeout. Dining Flex can be added in $50 increments online. Any value left in a student's Dining Flex Account at the semester's end will carry over to the next semester, provided the semesters are concurrent. Depending on your financial aid package, you can apply money that you were awarded to your Meal Plan, including your Dining Flex Account. Learn more about Meal Plan Policies.