Our Commitment to Safe Dining
- Total Wellbeing: Promote a culture of wellness to cultivate a thriving community. (Thoughtful menus, ongoing education, reassurance and transparency, environmental sustainability – reusable masks, waste minimization)
- Operational Impact: Employ consistent, safe processes with relevant and meaningful outcomes using existing & emerging technology (Restart playbooks, deep clean programs)
- Frictionless Experiences: Take a human-centric approach to deliver experiences that matter. (Mobile ordering solutions, convenient meal options for grab-and-go and take-home meals)
- Collaborative Expertise: Embrace partners to advance learning and progress. (Partnership with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, Jefferson Health and Steritech to enable
EverSafe was built on Aramark’s dining and facilities management expertise – in consultation with Jefferson Health’s medical and technical teams – and developed in accordance with recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and other leading health entities and reflects our commitment to the safe reopening of our dining facilities.Per the University Guidelines on Face Masks, all patrons to our dining locations will be required to wear facial coverings/masks upon entering and masks may only be removed if eating or drinking. The following operational changes will be evident in all Carolina Dining operations at Lenoir and Chase and dining locations across campus.
- Carolina Dining Services is following the Orange County Health Department guidelines for safe dining. Additionally, the University’s COVID-19 Community Standards require that all guests wear masks inside campus dining facilities when not actively eating or drinking. We are adding additional table signage to remind guests of these standards.
- Contracted dining staff are required to adhere to all Community Standards, including the Carolina Together Testing Program and vaccination certification.
- We have reduced the number of tables and chairs to minimize seating congestion.
- Students also have access to additional take-out and delivery services as an alternative to eat-in dining.
- Students can skip the wait in line and order meals via the GET App.
- Carolina Dining Delivery offers lunch and dinner delivery from Chase Dining Hall to students in on-campus residence halls.
- Students can use Meal Plan funds to order on-campus delivery via a variety of local restaurant partners.
- Good Uncle will also be available as an additional delivery option for students on and off-campus.
- Extra sanitizer stations have been placed throughout dining facilities.
- During peak periods, CDS staff monitor capacity and may hold students outside until areas clear.
- Tented outdoor seating areas will remain through the fall semester and have been supplemented in some areas to provide additional seating.
- At Chase and Top of Lenoir, take out containers are provided so guests can take their food and eat elsewhere. All retail locations offer take-out options.
- Food trucks are being scheduled at SASB and Marsico to provide additional dining options. The food truck schedule is included on the CDS Menu & Hours.
For additional information check out https://carolinatogether.unc.edu/