Adverse Weather Alert
Based on the current conditions and the operating status of the University, Carolina Dining Services will be operating on a reduced schedule. We will keep an eye on conditions and respond accordingly if necessary. See below for locations effected and scheduled to operate under reduced hours:
UPDATE as of 5PM
MONDAY | FEBRUARY 15
The following locations will operate on a NORMAL SCHEDULE starting at 5PM:
Top of Lenoir: Closes at 8:30pm
Rams Head Dining Hall: Closes at midnight
Food Courts + Coffee Shops:
Rams Head Market: Closes at midnight
Rams Head Market Subway: Closes at midnight
Starbucks: Closes at midnight
Alpine Bagel at Carolina Union: Opens at 5PM, closes at midnight
We do our very best to ensure the campus community is well cared for in the event of adverse weather conditions. However, dining services hours are subject to change based on the current weather and status of the University. Our Menus + Hours page will be updated on the hour and reflects what locations are open in real time. To see future hours, use the calendar tool and hour slider. We will also communicate modified hours on location entrances, as well as update customers via Facebook and Twitter.
There are several resources available for learning the current status of the University:
- ADVERSE WEATHER AND EMERGENCY PHONE LINE: Call 919.843.1234 for a recorded message on the adverse weather status for the University.
- ALERT CAROLINA SYSTEM: Employees and students will receive notifications regarding adverse weather operations via email and text message.
- WEBSITE: Adverse weather condition levels can be found on:
- RADIO: Regarding University operations and Chapel Hill buses, tune into Radio Station WNJW, 1610 am, the Travelers Information System. WUNC (91.5 FM) will also broadcast regular announcements regarding any weather-related closings.
- TELEVISION: Most local television stations will report weather-related closings during severe weather events.